- Be sure to ventilate the affected room or rooms by opening the doors and windows to clear the odour from the air.
- As soon as possible, check the condition of your tank and find the leak. If you can, repair the leak to avoid further damage.
- Soak up the oil damage with absorbent material as quickly as possible.
- Remove contaminated furniture, appliances, and clothing from the area.
- Call GUS. We’ll put you in touch with your insurance agent or broker. We have agreements with all Quebec insurers and we adhere to their standards and policies. Please be ready to disclose any important details about the emergency as well as your insurance policy number.
- Smoke near the contaminated area.
- Touch oil with your bare hands.
- Heat the room.
- Dispose of oil outside.